Start Date: September 1st
Hours: 14 per week
The Bisi Alimi Consultancy, which provides training on LGBT and HIV advocacy and support in educational institutions and workplaces, is looking for an intern.
Our services include providing Sexual health and Sexual rights talks, seminars and conferences in colleges and universities. We have qualified and knowledgeable experts who can speak at events, workplaces and schools on topical issues that include Politics, International Development, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity.
We lead on social policy in HIV research with a focus on Black and African gay men and/or men who have sex with other men (MSM) and International LGBT rights.
We provide Technical and Strategic consultancy support for organisations working in International Development with a focus on Africa. We help in Programme Design, Grant Application and Assessment, assist in developing Project Monitoring and Evaluation schemes, and Project Documentation.
We are looking for a Communication and Public Relations/Communication officer to take charge of our very busy PR and Communication. The person is expected expected to have:
1. Good understanding of social media and how to use it professionally
2. Good networking experience; mostly with the corporate business world, the media and other LGBT/HIV/Human Rights charities in the UK and around the world
3. Ability to reach out and promote my work so we can get bookings
4. Ability to manage a calendar and events
5. Good communicator
6. Good speech writer or good knowledge of English to be able to edit speech
Remuneration: Travel and food allowance plus there is 10-15% commission paid on successfully bringing in work.
Please send a CV and coverning letter to; email@example.com